Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Interview With Erica Morgan

This morning I had the chance to interview an amazing undiscovered singer. Her name is Erica Morgan and she is amazing.

Jeremy Wein: So Erica how would you describe your music to someone who's never heard you before?

Erica Morgan : "
I would describe it as a crossover of country and pop. I write all my lyrics because I want the listeners to hear not just a story that someone else wrote, but a story about something that I've been through that I wrote myself. I want people to listen to my music and say, "hey, I've been through the same thing!".

Jeremy: "
Do you draw heavily from personal experiences for most of your songs"?

Erica: "
I draw entirely from personal experiences for my songs. I love to observe people and what they go through, as well. Some of my songs are about experiences that I wish could happen--- based off a dream I have. Some are even about something my best friends have gone through. It's therapy for me. I write songs about all my heartbreaks and relationships because it helps me get over it all. If I wasted my time on a guy then at least I make it productive by getting a good song out of it".

Jeremy: "
What first got you interested in music"?

Erica: "
I have always loved to sing. When I was 5, I would listen to country music on the radio and make up my own words and melodies during the instrumental parts. My dad and Taylor Swift have to be my biggest influences. My dad has been playing guitar for 45 years and I remember when he came home when I was 9 with a little guitar. I never took it seriously but I would always listen to my dad play with complete fascination When I was in tenth grade, I went through a lot with my friends and really didn't have any friends. I then started watching Taylor Swift on TV and taught myself how to play the guitar and write music. It became my best friend and I've been playing ever since".

Jeremy: "
What artist do you feel have influenced your sound"?

Erica:
"Definitely Taylor Swift & Carrie Underwood. Taylor's voice is very different. Some of her songs sound so pure and the others have a rock edge to them. Carrie Underwood has to have the most beautiful voice I've ever heard. She's definitely a major influence on my voice".

Jeremy: "Do you have any celebrity crushes".

Erica:
"omigosh, yes! I have a huge crush on Shia LaBeouf. I love his eyes and his hair and his talent and just everything about hi".

Jeremy: "
if you can say one thing to your fans right now what would it be"?

Erica: "
If you have a dream, never be afraid to go for it because it just might happen. I love people who love my music and would love to thank every fan on my music myspace for supporting me. Add my music myspace and spread it around. Loveee you all"!

Erica's music can be heard at
www.myspace.com/ericamorganmusicxo , http://www.facebook.com/pages/Erica-Morgan/38506857221?ref=ts , and http://www.ilike.com/artist/Erica+Morgan/dashboard .

No comments: